Wednesday 27 January 2010

January 22nd to 27th- Ko Samui

WILL IS BACCKK! yeeeeeyyy!!!! Almost a week in Ko Samui, arrived sick so unfortunately spent most of it in bed in the hostel going insane from cabin fever and pretending foil off pill packets was money, hoarding it and going mental when the cleaner put them in the bin.... Started feeling rubbish at the rafts on the lake, stomach cramps and a fever with achy muscles and sore skin, dizziness, hot & cold.. then on top of that got the shits and headaches. Got to Ko Samui, kept having most horrendous stomach cramps, didn't eat for 4 days but even sips of water and little tablets made me feel more deathly queasy and start horrible violent puking up bile. Lifting myself from the bed and i'd feel like i was about to faint. This stayed the same until the end of the week and by then I'd decided the devil was inside me trying to kill me putting my body in self-destruct. Not letting me drink eat or take tiny amounts of medicine to feel better. And pissing like i'd drunk gallons of water when I hadn't had any. And i KNOW everybody gets ill when they go traveling but you forget that when you feel like you're being murdered from the inside.. Anyway, took some special antibiotics from my huge medical kit and killed the fucker first. Felt so weak from no food and hardly any water, but made it to the gorgeous white sand blue sea beach and into the sea. Didn't realise how strong the waves were and found myself swept under and rolling along the sea-bed. Got back to the surface got my breath back and my hair out of my face. Looked down and realised my bikini top was twisted up round my neck and bottoms somewere round my ankles. Threw myself back onto my knees before any more people on the beach could see, then got hit from behind by another huge wave and I was rolling around on the sea bed again. The whole process repeated itself over and over until thank GOD i was rescued by Saydi. That evening we went for a lovely meal on the beach and plain pasta tasted more delicious than I thought ever possible. 
   Had a lovely last few days relaxing on the beach, swimming, and going out at night at the fab Samui clubs. Enjoyed a few drunken Mc-Chicken sandwiches from the cleverly placed McDonalds on the way home. Will got his crotch grabbed by a lady boy going 'LOOK AT YOUR WIIILLLYYY'. Lissa got told to pull her top down more by sleazy man, she called him a twat, then walked head first into a pole. Few too many Australians walking round topless with their country flag over their shoulders... 
    Got a taxi to the ferry port for our boat to Ko Phangan. Terrified for my life sat on the bench seats in the back, no seat belts with the driver driving at ridiculous speed on the wrong side of the road with his hand constantly on the horn. Too many too near crashes. Ferry port filled with hundreds of backpackers like us catching the boat to the FULL MOON PARTY island awoooooo!! Piled onto the small wooden ferry which was clearly a long way over-loaded. This seemed alright chugging along in the quiet bay. Then we got to the un-sheltered seas and it all changed. The boat was swaying like you see in those terrifying clips of fishermen in the deep seas in a storm. Water was coming in the windows when we rocked each way creaking and banging. Crammed into this rickety wooden boat with all of us smelly travelers and our bags, with sea-sick or terrified expressions, most people with their heads in their hands.. I thought I'd been clever by choosing to sit under the window but soon found myself face to face with a load of smelly crotches as people dashed to have their heads in the fresh air. People fainted and people puked, I spent the journey clinging to Ben's leg counting my breaths in and out, terrified we were going to capsize and sink. But we got there alive eventually.   

2 comments:

  1. Pleeeeeease come home safely Holz...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suddenly I'm not so jealous any more! I was like that in Titicaca, but that was more from altitude sickness & extreme cold.

    ReplyDelete